Our instructors and staff offer professional services with years of knowledge, training and experience in the local, state and federal side. trainings are tailored to meet different professional goals.
Juan Carlos Valdez
- 9 years in Karate Judo Martial Arts
- 5 years as Correctional Officer
- 16 1/2 years State Military Forces
- Military Drill Instructor
- PPCT/Pressure Points Technique
- 5 years in Hand to Hand Combat
- Present: 11 years in (DHS) Federal Contract Guard/Federal Protective Services
- State Military Personal Protection details
- Dynamic Entry Tactics/ Close Quarter Shooting Instructor
- OC Spray Instructor
- CPR/First Aid/ AED Instructor
- Drill Instructor National Guard for Texas
Juan “Johnny” Garcia
Federal Contract Protective Security Officer for 23 years.
- Personal Escorts to Federal judges to their chambers and vehicles.
- Experience in martial arts skills to subdue and restrain any unwilling individual.
Martial Art Skills:
- 2 years of karate.
- 2 years of Aikido.
- 14 years of Brazilian Jujitsu.
- Competed twice at the International Brazilian Jujitsu Federation.
- Trained with Bas Rutten (MMA fighter).
- Trained with Royce Gracie (BJJ).
- Trained with Vinicius “ Draculino “ Magalhaes (BJJ).
- Trained with Ricardo Franjinha Miller ( BJJ).
- Training federal agents for 6 years such as: Border Patrol, ATF, FBI, Laredo police Department and HSI under the Paragon jujitsu school and trained civilians for 8 years.
212 Sabal Lp, Laredo TX 78045
• Less Lethal OC/Pepper Launcher Certified.
• Less Lethal Collapsible Baton Certified.
• Less Lethal 40 MM Gas Deployments Certified.
• Land Navigation with GPS Certified.
• Field Interdiction.
• Lay-in Experience.
• Outdoor survival / Hunting Experience.
• Squad Tactical formations and Movements Certified.
• Use for Force hand-to-hand combat certified.
• Combat and First Aid care certified.
• Vehicle Drug Compartments Experience.
• Outdoor foot sign tracking experience.
• Advanced Training.
• Water Survival Certified.
• Weapons of Mass Effect certified utilizing a Radiation Detector.
• Plain Cloth Flying armed and escorting criminals experience.
• Interview/ Questioning Tactics Experience.
• Awarded the Meritorious Service Award in 2003 with the Webb County Sheriff’s Office.
• Was Nominated Correctional of the Year in 2003.
• Was awarded the “Life Saving Award” in 2003, 2011, and 2012 with the Webb County Sheriff’s Office.
• Licensed Basic Texas Peace Officer, Active.
• Licensed Basic Jailer, Active.
• Certified in OC Spray (Mace), Radar & Baton.
• Weapons of Mass Destruction (Radiological Tech) since 2003.
• American Heart CPR Instructor since 2005.
• SORT Team Meber since 2006.
• International Trauma Life Support Certification since 2007.
• American Red Cross / First Aid CPR, AED Certifications since 2008.
• Certified Emergency Medical Service / EMT, Active.
• Taken Tactical Training.
• Worked with AM Care Ambulance Service from 1999-2001.
• Rio Bravo Fire Department EMS from 2001-2002.
• Ambulance Service of Laredo, Inc. from 2001-2003.
• All American Ambulance Service from 2003-2008.
• Angel Care Ambulance Service (is a 9-1-1 EMS Service for Webb County) from 2013-Present.
• Deputy Sheriff for the Webb County Sheriff’s Department 2003-Present.
• Divisions Included: Webb County Jail – Patrol Division.
• Assigned to the Webb County Sheriff’s Office Jail Division for 8 years.
• Currently assigned to the Patrol Division.
• Assist SWAT in the capacity of SWAT Medic.
• Worked special details to include: surveillance. ATV’s assisting Border Patrol, narcotics operations Fugitive Apprehension and Search Warrant Execution.
• Lawyer and advisor who provides recommendations, suggestions and advice about our security academy.
• Research advisor to identify people, groups, organizations and companies to provide security services.
• Transfer and custody of people and values in a safe way.
• Decision making and stress management.
• Expert in driving any type of vehicles including armored vehicles and heavy equipment.
• Ability to perform evasive maneuvers when necessary.
• Ability to assess different situations and identify potential threats.
• Capacity of short and long lethal weapons.
• Certificate in non-lethal weapons, such as pepper spray, electric paralyzes, truncheon or retractable canes for self-protection.